“Poor service - cafe awful”
Review of Chicory

Chicory
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We visited this cafe yesterday - it was so close to the parking and looked inviting with good roadside seats. All was well till the service - no one cleared our tables despite being there for 20 minutes- the waitress looked annoyed when asked to clear the table - the food was late because the server could not be bothered to search for our table number and finally they cleared our table so fast - we had not finished tea and I just got up to check on my daughter and returned to find a clean table. Cafe awful is more like it

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Awful food awful staff. The girl serving had absolutely no interest in being there. Five pound for a sandwich on basic cheap sliced loaf. Warmed up jacket potato. Kids meal was cheap and cheerful and wrong but we couldn't face the wait to get it changed so daughter ate it anyway. Cash only. Really slow even though we were the only ones in there.
I can't believe I didn't walk out. Loads of tourists visit Bowness, this place gives the UK a bad name.
Still displaying a tripadvisor sticker which is a bit naughty.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This place has just changed its name. The service is poor and I would blame the way the owner manages his staff. Over priced cheap food. The bread was going stale and the food came out in dribs and drabs. I will not be returning.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

I am pleased to be able to write the first review of Chicory Cafe.

I was in Bowness on Windermere with a large group in September 2011, on a cold wet British summer time day, looking for somewhere warm to get out of the rain.

My group and I were delighted to discover Chicory - a recently opened cafe and bakery, located just to the right of the main steamer pier.

We were treated to excellent and friendly service from Alexandra Fielding - one of the owners, and really felt that we had a warm welcome.

The decor is comfortable, and has a feeling of homeliness.

There was a wide range of food available and all at reasonable prices.

I would recommend this gem of a cafe to anyone who is visiting Bowness.

4  Thank Tamnamore