“Butter Scones!!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Scones and sandwiches were excellent, staff were friendly

Reviewed April 16, 2012

visited Aunty Val's tea Rooms on 12th April. After waiting half an hour(it wasn't that busy) my ham and cheese omlette turned up burnt - on both sides!! I was so hungry I ate it but they did take the price of our drinks off the bill. As we were leaving I saw another customer had omlette that also looked a bit burnt!

Reviewed April 15, 2012

We have just got back from a lovely stay in Bowness to celebrate my Mums 60th birthday. I called a few weeks in advance and spoke to Debbie and asked her if there was any chance of her making a small victoria sponge birthday cake for me - Debbie said no problem at all. So the 6 of us piled in on the day of Mum's birthday on the pretext of having a cup of tea and a snack - we had a few toasted sandwiches and jacked potato's - all very fresh and tasty, a few pots of tea - no teabags in sight, just proper tea - lovely!.
They then brought out a gorgeous cake, iced and decorated with cherries and 'happy 60th birthday' - it was just perfect!, Mum was over the moon and made her day that bit more special!, the cake was excellent, very light and moist.
The charge for all this was very reasonable, so I would like to say thanks very much to Debbie and Aunty Val's Tearooms for going the extra mile!
Try it out if you are in the area - you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed April 4, 2012

my wife is the tea drinker in the family and she was very impressed with the large choice and the fact that it's REAL tea - not tea bags! The tearoom is not very large and we were there on a Monday during the off season and it was still fairly busy so i would imagine there could be queues during the height of summer

Reviewed January 22, 2012

We usually visit Aunty Val's when in Bowness and have found the scones to be excellent. I would describe it accurately as a 'tea room' rather than 'cafe', as their speciality is tea & cakes. The savoury lunches we have tried were not up to the same standard and we would only go for tea & scones.
Usually the scones taste very fresh. Today they were warm, but just not as good as usual. Usually they come with good quality jam - today I was given a pre-pack of Robertson's! Not good at all! The amount of cream provided was far less than the usual as well.
I hope this is just a blip, Aunty Val's. We'll probably give you another try and hope standards are back to how they were. As other reviewers have commented, it's nice to be able to take your dog in with you, but there are other places in Bowness if standards are slipping!

1  Thank lanzafan