“Lovely, Fun and Informative”

The World of Beatrix Potter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The characters of Beatrix Potter's stories are brought to life in this recreation of the Lakeland countryside.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Happened upon this museum by chance and stopped by for a look. Though the fee was a little steep to get in, I was very impressed by the attraction. Expertly crafted 3D models of Potter's characters and settings were laid out on an indoor path for visitors to follow and relive the books. There was also a short informative film at the beginning and a room dedicated to the events of Beatrix Potter's life. My favorite part was a panoramic virtual viewing platform that allows visitors to virtually travel to the real-life Lake District settings in Potter's books with 360 degree views. Stunning! The gift shop is also fairly extensive with many quality (though expensive) products. You can find almost all the same souvenirs at other local stores for less.

2  Thank Hayley S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,034)

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Took some Japanese friends who were very excited and had heard a lot about it. They were not disappointed and bought some little figurines to take home with them.

1  Thank janelledarwen
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was one of the best moments of my Lake district trip. Stepping in because of the heavy rain, the environment takes you back to your youth to live again the adventures of Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddleduck... The shop is not too expensive and well supplied.

1  Thank EineKraphen
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My partner and I stayed in Bowness from 17th December until the 20th. I've visited Bowness once before and have been past the attraction, yet I didn't have chance to visit. This time I really wanted to go! I absolutely love Beatrix Potter and all of her work. My partner was even up for going and he's a 21 year old boy! It was a rainy day and immediately on entry it was like walking into her own little world. It wasn't busy, and walking through it all was magical! The displays all great, and the music added to the whole atmosphere. I also thought the garden was absolutely beautiful. I would have liked it to be a little longer and bigger but I loved it! We finished up with buying some gifts from the gift shop and having a lovely little lunch in the tea room! All in all, a lovely part of our trip and very enjoyable!

1  Thank ChloRebecca
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Really beautiful place with many realistic and beautiful statues. A pity we didnt have time to go up to the house of Beatrix Potter which should have wonderful views. A must go for people visiting Lake district. Really nice. There's much to shop for souvenirs there as well.

2  Thank han l