“Fantastic Time”

The World of Beatrix Potter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The characters of Beatrix Potter's stories are brought to life in this recreation of the Lakeland countryside.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Visited yesterday (Bank Holiday) and the attraction was very busy. The kids had a fantastic time and loved meeting Peter Rabbit as he came out several times to meet and greet. I would go back again and again. The cafe is a little over priced, but so is everywhere during the holidays in the Lake District.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went with my 6 month old daughter and my 2 year old nephew and 5 year old niece. They all loved it! My niece loved the little tasks for her to find on the way around and my daughter loved all the displays and colours. My nephew enjoyed looking at the displays and the shop at the end!!

The shop is a bit pricey but sells some lovely things!

They have done a wonderful job recreating the scenes from the books and it was quite informative! Also easy to get around with a pram (there where wheelchairs there too) as they don't let everybody in at once - they filter it.

Parking was very easy - a car park right over the road. We had no trouble parking with our two cars - we went for about 11am.

Would go again when the little one is a bit older!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The display is quite cute and beautiful but much more interesting for children than Potter's adult fans.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Don't be put off by the comments re parking ,we parked in the small car park right outside, as people come and go frequently. Better to go later after 12 as you have to queue for a ticket to give you a time slot to visit the house, as only small.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I visited here with my two nine year olds on a very wet Saturday along with what felt like the rest of Windermere. We queued for a while and someone from the cafe came along with some complimentary mini scones and apologised for our wait which was a nice gesture. Numbers into the attraction are managed which was good as we never felt we were amongst the masses despite it being so busy. Our girls had an activity trail to complete which did made the visit more enjoyable as we probably would have otherwise gone round much much quicker as there isn't a great deal to read about once in the attraction it is mainly just looking at things. A few of the displays are a little tired but overall a good couple of hours and enjoyed by the children.