“well worth a visit”

The World of Beatrix Potter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The characters of Beatrix Potter's stories are brought to life in this recreation of the Lakeland countryside.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Leicester, United Kingdom
“well worth a visit”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

really enjoyed this even though we had no children with us. lovely to see

Visited September 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brussels
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Expensive short visit, but cute.”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Being Dutch I have never read a book of Beatrix Potter but I loved to see the cute little animals from the stories, all dressed!
It is quite expensive and the museum is small, so if you are not under 12 and not an Potter fan, don't go there! We mostly went there because of the pouring rain outside. A visit to the Lakeland shop is a better use of time for women without kids ...

Visited September 2011
Whitstable, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Awww, so cute!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We visited this attraction with our two daughters aged 11 and 14. It is an enchanting little museum and I would recommend it to anyone with fond memories of the Beatrix Potter stories. The models are lovely and children will find them magical. Both our girls enjoyed the museum and I was surprised how much our 14 year old liked it! It’s a bit pricey but worth popping in while you are in Bowness.

Visited August 2011
East Anglia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Avoid”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

£18 for 45 minutes, absolute con. Reckon they are the best attraction in lakes! Rubbish rubbish rubbish... Do not go there and waste your money.

2 Thank fairreviewees
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“my little girl would visit every week if she could!”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We have been taking the kids here since they were tiny and I have to admit that both my husband and I are a bit sick of the place. Don't get me wrong, it's sweet and the displays have been beautifully done but at the end of the day they are just displays (okay so some of them spin around slowly). After a 5 minute video about Beatrix Potter the door opens and and you walk along a winding path with displays depicting the various stories. I honestly think that you could go through the entire thing in 5 minutes which would mean the entrance fee is a bit pricey. So we make sure that we stay as long as possible to get our money's worth. For some reason our kids are obsessed by the Mrs Tiggywinkle display and it always takes us an age to get passed that one.
They opened up the garden a couple of years ago which again is very sweet but if there are more than 3 other people there at the same time it's too cramped.
You can get your photo taken at the end which we always do and generally end up buying the finished product.
I feel I'm being negative here and I don't mean to be. We visited this year in June and although we have just been staying in Bowness again in August neither my husband or myself could face going this time. It could do with a few more interactive things for the kids. But if you like the books and you've never been here before then I would recommend.

Visited June 2011