Stayed here July 2014 for a short leisure break. Quirky small Hotel where all the bedrooms are away from main building i.e. Reception/Bar/Restaurant. We had an upstairs chalet room that was huge with a veranda that you could sit out so ideal during the hot summer days or just open the patio doors tto let air in - you didn't feel that in the usual style hotel once in your room you were cut-off and isolated. Room was to a high standard, clean, tidy with luxury leather relaxer chairs, huge comfortabe bed and the bathroom again huge clean and with a window you could open. Couldn't fault anything about the room or the staff - breakfast cooked to order so always hot, with good selection of continental - staff very welcoming and friendly and they go back to the basics of the customer comes first - certainly not your usual Corporate Hotel. This was a good old fashioned family run hotel and certainly quirky with the unusual layout of where the rooms were in comparison to the main building but all of the rooms seemed to have their own sitting out area and each room allocated their own parking space. A genuine warm family friendly hotel with old fashioned values - highly recommend it. Close by to the centre of town - a five minute walk!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This unique Lake District hotel only two minutes stroll from Lake Windermere and the village of Bowness, is an oasis of peace and tranquillity. The Burn How's unique layout is refreshingly different to most hotels; all of the bedrooms are located outside of the main building within the private grounds making the stay peaceful and relaxing for the discerning guest. You can take picturesque walks from the hotel, or cruise on Lake Windermere, and if you take the Post Knott walk and you find the hotels bench, bring back the inscription and you will have a drink on us. For the shopping magnets find a special Lakeland gift in the village only two minutes walk away. On your return from a full day, relax and meet friends or family in the congenial atmosphere of the lounge and bar, or on pleasant summers evening sit out on the patio and take in the beautiful surroundings. Relax in the comfort of your room choosing from modern chalet style to four poster or traditional bedrooms. Most have private sun terraces. All have ensuite bathrooms, colour televisions, telephones and hot beverages. Rooms on the ground floor have direct access to the rose garden and patio, with some having disabled facilities. There is ample free parking available. Experience English and French Cuisine made only from the freshest produce and served in the style in which Burn How Garden House Hotel is famous. Three courses and coffee is around £35.00 Per person. At the end of the day relax with family and friends in the congenial atmosphere of the lounge and bar or on a pleasant summers evening take in the beautiful surroundings of the patio and gardens. Shoppers and browsers will delight in the speciality stores and attractions in nearby Windermere and Bowness. Whilst a drive over the Hard Knott pass is for the courageous with its 1 in 3 and 2.5 Gradients - but the views are spectacular. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Burn How Garden House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Burn How Hotel
- Best Western Bowness On Windermere
- Bowness-On-Windermere Best Western
- The Burn How Garden House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District