We booked up a two night stay for Burn How House with Travelzoo as part of our honeymoon. Everyone was really lovely right from the moment we arrived. Our little girl had been sick in the car about 15 mins away from the hotel and they helped us out with buckets of disinfectant to clean the car (in the pouring rain!) and then kept checking how she was. The room was lovely - like a little chalet overlooking the gardens (which were lovely even in the rain!). We had a double bed and one single bed and the bathroom was small but very clean and looked quite new. Lovely powerful shower. We ate in the restaurant on the first night as it was included in the Travelzoo deal (with a bottle of wine included too!) and the food was very nice. My husbands salmon was overcooked but everything else was lovely. My creme brulee was to die for!!!!
Breakfast was lovely with a wide range of cereals and fresh fruit and a lovely choice of freshly cooked English breakfast treats!
The hotel is very close to Lake Windermere which is only about a 5 minute walk and very close to the town centre and the restaurants and pubs. Would definitely stay here again when we return to the Lake District - I just hope we get some sunshine next time!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This unique Lake District hotel only two minutes stroll from Lake Windermere and the village of Bowness, is an oasis of peace and tranquillity. The Burn How's unique layout is refreshingly different to most hotels; all of the bedrooms are located outside of the main building within the private grounds making the stay peaceful and relaxing for the discerning guest. You can take picturesque walks from the hotel, or cruise on Lake Windermere, and if you take the Post Knott walk and you find the hotels bench, bring back the inscription and you will have a drink on us. For the shopping magnets find a special Lakeland gift in the village only two minutes walk away. On your return from a full day, relax and meet friends or family in the congenial atmosphere of the lounge and bar, or on pleasant summers evening sit out on the patio and take in the beautiful surroundings. Relax in the comfort of your room choosing from modern chalet style to four poster or traditional bedrooms. Most have private sun terraces. All have ensuite bathrooms, colour televisions, telephones and hot beverages. Rooms on the ground floor have direct access to the rose garden and patio, with some having disabled facilities. There is ample free parking available. Experience English and French Cuisine made only from the freshest produce and served in the style in which Burn How Garden House Hotel is famous. Three courses and coffee is around £35.00 Per person. At the end of the day relax with family and friends in the congenial atmosphere of the lounge and bar or on a pleasant summers evening take in the beautiful surroundings of the patio and gardens. Shoppers and browsers will delight in the speciality stores and attractions in nearby Windermere and Bowness. Whilst a drive over the Hard Knott pass is for the courageous with its 1 in 3 and 2.5 Gradients - but the views are spectacular. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Burn How Garden House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Burn How Hotel
- Best Western Bowness On Windermere
- Bowness-On-Windermere Best Western
- The Burn How Garden House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District