Returned to Lindeth Howe after first visiting this delightful country hotel in the 1980s. Big changes and even better welcome and value. The hotel is in a splendid setting above Lake Windermere and offers very comfortable accommodation. The staff were welcoming, cheerful and very efficient in catering to our every need. Comfortable chairs, log fires and a terrific afternoon tea were followed by a table d'hote dinner - part of the overnight stay package - which was one of the best meals I have ever had. Breakfast was equally good and a step up from any other I have enjoyed in the Lake District. My only criticism was of the room location with a low level constant hum in the background - rather like being on board a ship and probably from some sort of power or air conditioning plant. Slightly disconcerting but apart from that it was an absolutely perfect break, and terrific value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District