My husband and I have just spent a relaxing two days at Lindeth Howe, and we are already looking forward to returning!
We took advantage of one of the hotel's autumn offers, which represented the most amazing value for money. We upgraded to a deluxe room, which was incredibly spacious and well appointed. The super-king sized bed was very comfortable and we slept very well indeed after the amazing dinners...
The food at Lindeth Howe was just delicious. With an extensive choice ranging from seafood to game (with several vegetarian options too) it was difficult to decide what to have! There were several nice touches, including an amuse bouche and a refreshing sorbet between the starter and main course. The meals were exceptionally well executed and beautifully presented and the breakfast hit the spot too. Also, it's worth mentioning the wine list. It was extensive enough, but most notably the prices were great. Most of the wines averaged around £20 - £30 a bottle (I think we paid an average of £23 a bottle) which is great.
Lindeth Howe also benefits from a small pool and sauna, which were most welcome when we returned from a wind-swept, rainy day touring around the lakes. The hotel also offers massage and treatments, however, we didn't book in advance so missed out on this. Two people we met recommended the therapist, so we'd probably book treatments in advance when we return.
The staff were helpful and friendly, and did whatever they could to ensure you enjoyed your stay. With so many hotels to choose from in the Lakes competition has to be high, and we would certainly go back to Lindeth Howe without giving it a second thought.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District