Very pleasant location. Stayed in Lake View Deluxe 205, small but had all amenities tho view was from a raised area in room.
Generous breakfast, excellent food, restaurant seating very good. Bar and bar sitting room a bit dingy (the public areas of Miller Howe Hotel nicer). Staff friendly and helpful. Reservation manager had shades of Basil about her particularly when telephone booking. My only gripe, the loud piped music, even worse, repeated on a loop,specifically in the bar and restaurant which when quiet meant had to ask for it to be turned down. Check your bill, was charged for meal not taken, sorted amenably. Expensive but comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District