My husband took me to the Lindeth Howe for lunch on my birthday. We loved it! The food was fantastic, as a keen home cook we are so often dissapointed when we eat out by the quality of the food. My husband had pork cheeks to start which were divine, melt in the mouth tender and really full of flavour. My main course of chicken tasted just like chicken used to but often doesn't anymore. The deserts were fab too, the sicky toffee pudding being the best I have ever tasted.
I had read a reveiw before we went which was critial of the service. Our experience was very different. Yes, a large proportion of the staff have english as thier second language but this was no barrier to friendly, polite and efficient service. The waiter was excellent and a senior staff member came and wished me happy birthday which was a nice touch
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District