My husband and I stayed here for part of the England/Scotland trip we took for our 30th wedding anniversary. I found it to be absolutely charming. We had an upper room that was large and spacious. The view was quite lovely, although it was a little foggy some of the time. We spent three nights here, with dinner and breakfast included. All of the meals were top notch -- beautifully presented, delicious, and just the right size. We did not spend much day time at the hotel as much of our stay was spent tramping about outdoors. When we did get back, we found the beds restful and inviting. This is one of the rainiest locations in England, but we were lucky to have two sunny days while we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District