The short break price was higher than our usual range at £140 per night for two persons, but well worth it. The hotel is 15-20 minutes quite easy and pleasant walk from the centre of Bowness and boat piers, initially through its own gardens. The deal included a 1 day "freedom of the lake" ticket each, valid on all the Windermere boats so we could go all the way round. The main boats have a bar and toilets, and choice of outside deck or inside sheltered seating.
Back to the hotel.... fine breakfast, 10m indoor pool satisfactory, but the sauna took 25 minutes to make it from warm to properly hot; no steam room or jacuzzi. The highlight was dinner: true AA 2 rosette standard, with setting, food quality, presentation and service all on the fringes of fine dining. We were there only for 2 nights as a stopover between north and south, but definitely want to stay again for longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District