“Excellent”

Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Fabulous room, fabulous staff, excellent food
From the minute we booked this hotel, nothing was too much trouble (Martha, on reception, you are a star!)
Warmly greeted on arrival, shown to a stunning room with stunning views, excellent facilities and spotlessly clean
I had requested flowers and champagne to be in the room as we were celebrating my wife's birthday, not only were the flowers gorgeous and the champagne cold, but there was also the added and thoughtful touch of a birthday card for her
On to dinner, fabulous, a match for any of the top London restaurants
In summary, a wonderfully relaxing 2 night stay, thank you to all of the staff, you are all wonderful!

Room Tip: 204 is stunning!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TonyHolden, Manager at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Hello johnb2123
Thank you for your lovely review of Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel, I have passed on your fabulous comment to all at the Hotel and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Tony Holden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel as a family visit and this is the worst hotel for families I have come across. Children are not allowed in the resturant and there are no lifts.

Really do not recommend this hotel if you want a nice stay in windermere. I informed the management of my dissatisfaction and they really werent bothered. In addition they had the cheek to try and charge an additional £2 for repairs...

Really shocking hotel for the price, I think management need training on how to deal with customer satisfaction.

Really disappointed.

If you have no issues during your stay and are a young couple who dont mind climbing a lot of stairs you may like this place although forthe advertised prices I recommend the macdonald hotel instead for a guaranteed great stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ryan J
Dear Ryan J
Good Afternoon Ryan
I have just received your review about your stay with us and if I may I would like to answer the points you have made.
With regard to children dining in our restaurant it is true that children under the age of 7 cannot dine in the restaurant in the evenings but we do have a children’s high tea menu available from 5pm onwards and we also offer private dining for families in the library, with regard to the issue of the lift it would be very difficult for us to install a lift as the house was built in 1879 and I’m afraid there is just nowhere for us to install one. The additional £2.00 is not for repairs it is a charitable donation to the nature Lakeland and is used by them to maintain the Lakeland fells and foot paths and I believe that the lady on reception did take it off your bill for you. Now coming to your point about the management needing training on how to deal with customer satisfaction the receptionist did ask you if you wanted to speak to me as I was on shift Sunday morning but you declined her offer, if I would have been aware of your disappointment I’m sure we could have sorted out all the issue that had arisen apart from the problem with the lift I’m afraid there is nothing I could of done with regard to that one.
I hope the next time you come to the Lake District you and your family have a wonderful time.
Kindest Regards
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Returned to the Lindeth Howe once again in May 2013 for an overnight stay with dinner. Food once again was incredible, and our thanks goes to the chef. Encountered a few issues with water being cut off in room on Sat night and I must stress, this was not the fault of the hotel but caused by a water burst in the locality. Although dampening the mood, the hotel manager Tony was more than happy to compensate us or our inconvenience and we will certainly return in the near future. I can't stress how good the food is here, and some of the rooms overlooking the lake have views to die for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tony w
Hello Tony W
It’s great to hear that you had a good time with us last month and you really enjoyed your evening with us in the Restaurant I have passed on your comment to Sunil the Restaurant Manager and also Rob our Head Chef and don’t forget to contact me direct when you are next making a booking with us.
Hope to see you soon
Tony and the Team at Lindeth Howe
West Moors, Dorset
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The only thing I could fault about the hotel was the temperature. Our room was so hot all the time, despite turning off the radiator, and eventually when we found it, the heated towel rail! Really wanted to throw the windows open wide, but there were "Health and Safety" stops on them so that we could only open them a fraction. As it isn't a hotel which is likely to have small children staying, I do think we should be trusted not to jump, or fall out! Other than that, a wonderful break in a hotel which is both elegant and cosy. Food lovely and staff/service excellent. We really felt that we were somewhere special and found it very relaxing. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: The only thing I could fault about the hotel was the temperature. Our room was so hot all the time...
1 Thank vianneM
Hello vianneM
Thank you for your review of Lindeth Howe Hotel I have passed on your comments to the whole team at the Hotel and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Lindeth Howe very soon and I promise I will take the locks off the windows for you.
Hull UK
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husand booked us into Lindeth Howe for 2 nights because I had enjoyed our first stay here last year. Once again I wasn't disappointed from walking through the door and receiving a great welcome from the staff to leaving with a heavy heart this morning. We stayed in the Westmorland Suite and what a fantastic room it is. Everything we needed and even when they came to turn down the bed and leave chocolates on your pillow they replenished the tea/coffee which is something you don't get in other hotels. The food, well all I can say is WOW, everything was well presented and tasted fantastic.We both loved the idea of the little loaves that are half white and the other brown. We had the taster menu the 2nd night and I cannot fault it one bit. Breakfast was very tasty and came to the table still very hot which made it all more enjoyable. On the first morning I tried one of the little pastries and it was delicious, didn't have room for one this morning. All staff are very polite and nothing is too much trouble for them. The hotel is lovely and clean. I like the idea after having our meal of going into the comfort of the lounge for a drink and it also gave you a chance to get to know other guests who are staying at the hotel. I cannot wait until we are on our way back here again for a lovely relaxing break.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TonyHolden, Manager at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Hello Snowflake 15
Thank you for the WOW the chef and his team are really pleased with that comment and we all look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed 1 night wish it was longer, however it was so relaxing that the stay felt like longer, took my mum away for mothers day and was as much a treat for me as it was for her, Small cream tea with fizz was a pefect start to the stay, relaxing in the pool ws bliss we had it to our selves, The twin room was large and exstreamly comfortable, The diner was amazing one of the best i`ve ever had the presentation and combernation of flavours was genious, the lounge for coffie was so cozy. Breakfast had so much choice and was all delicious,i did not want to leave and am hoping to return for my 30th birthday. All the staff were so friendly,efficiant and un obtrusive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello jenny M
Thank you for your kind review of Lindeth Howe Hotel I have passed on all your comments to the Team and we will look forward to welcoming you back for your 30th birthday.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed for two nights at this hotel, and would have to say it was most comfortable, clean and quiet. It was the tyoe of hotel where you could sit around all day and not leave.

Breakfast was good although while we were there, they had a group of 40 swedish tourists staying, and the breakfast buffet was well picked over and not replenished unless we asked.

The bar staff and restaurant staff were lovely and friendly. In particular, a young lady called Dominika(?) who could light up the room with her smiles.

I would however highly recommend the small afternoon tea. We had it both days in place of lunch - just fabulous.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello mrustyharpoon11

It’s great to hear that you have had a fabulous time with us at Lindeth Howe Hotel I have passed on your comments about the afternoon tea to brice our pastry chef and also to dominika in the Restaurant and the Team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the very near future.

Tony
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Linthwaite House
#6 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
The Ryebeck
The Ryebeck
#3 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!