Fabulous room, fabulous staff, excellent food
From the minute we booked this hotel, nothing was too much trouble (Martha, on reception, you are a star!)
Warmly greeted on arrival, shown to a stunning room with stunning views, excellent facilities and spotlessly clean
I had requested flowers and champagne to be in the room as we were celebrating my wife's birthday, not only were the flowers gorgeous and the champagne cold, but there was also the added and thoughtful touch of a birthday card for her
On to dinner, fabulous, a match for any of the top London restaurants
In summary, a wonderfully relaxing 2 night stay, thank you to all of the staff, you are all wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District