Spend last weekend at Lindeth Howe on a Travelzoo voucher break. I must admit I thought for the price we paid it was going to be fine but nothing special. How wrong was I !!!!!. We had a fantastic stay at this Country House Hotel with everything from service to food presentation exceeding our expectations. It started with afternoon tea which arrived with choice of sandwiches, warm scones with cream and jam and cakes plus excellent glass of champagne. But that was just the start as the tasting menu at dinner was to die for with quality and presentation being as good as any 5 star cruises we've been on. Special mention must go to Warren and Antonio who give us excellent service during our meal. Forgot to mention they also have pianist on Saturday night during dinner.
All rooms are great but I would elect for deluxe if you want to enjoy views of the lake. Breakfast on Sunday was freshly cooked with presentation being again spot on. This place is a real find and reviews are testament to pride they take in this small hotel. Will I be back you can guarantee I will and plan to return in September with my parents. Travelzoo do promotions for Lindeth Howe couple times a year which are great value but hotel does it own specials so get signed up on their website. If you're planning to visit the Lakes and stay in Bowness go to this hotel as you will not be disappointed and will be converted into repeat guest like rest of us on Trip Advisor. Thank you team at Lindeth Howe for great stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. As of January 2nd 2018, Lindeth Howe will no longer have any leisure facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lindeth Howe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District