Bought the TravelZoo voucher for a one night stay including afternoon tea and 5 course meal and it was worth every penny. The hotel is beautiful, very tastefully decorated, with loads of sofas to sit and enjoy the view, read the paper and just relax. The afternoon tea was delightful (warm scones mmmmm) and the evening meal was fabulous. Upgraded to a deluxe room with stunning views of lake Windermere (bed was built up on a platform so you can see the views whilst laid in bed - no need to shut the curtains!). 10 min walk to the car ferry across to Hawkshead so perfect location for good walk. Would definately recommend to others and I'm now keeping an eye out for another voucher deal so I can book again for myself and for parents as an anniversary present.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District