This was our 5th stay at Lindeth Howe and, as on previous occasions, we were not disappointed. The reception staff were friendly and welcoming and we felt at home right away. We stayed in the same room as on previous occasions ( De Luxe Lake View ) and noticed it had been `freshened up` with new , lighter coloured arm chairs. Both the food and service in the restaurant ( which had been totally redecorated ) were excellent as usual. Our room was cleaned and tidied while we were at breakfast then again during the `turn down` service so the room was always spotless and tidy. This was a thoroughly relaxing return visit and we will be back again as soon as we feel the need to chill out !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. As of January 2nd 2018, Lindeth Howe will no longer have any leisure facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lindeth Howe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District