This was our second stay at Lindeth Howe and after a very enjoyable first stay last year we had high hopes. We were not let down. We enjoyed and excellent afternoon tea, wonderful scones and carrot cake. This was followed by a dip in the pool and a quick spin in the fitness room. These facilities are a lovely bonus. Dinner in the newly refurbished restaurant was delicious with an excellent choice on the menu. Service was professional and at no point did we feel rushed. We had room 114 which overlooked the garden. It was spacious, warm and cozy, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The area is so peaceful what you cannot fail to have a good nights sleep. We had an enjoyable walk to Bowness and onto Windermere town the following day to work up an appetite for dinner that night. The hotel itself is lovely and relaxing, it is wonderful just sitting in one of the lounges and unwinding. We had a fabulous stay at Lindeth Howe and the icing on the cake was to wake up, draw back the curtains to see a wonderful wintry scene, the snow was fallingand everywhere was so picturesque. It was just a shame we had to return home, but we will certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District