My husband decided that we needed a relaxing couple of days away and booked us into Lindeth Howe and I am so pleased he did.On arrival the staff were polite and attentative. We were booked to have a small afternoon tea on arrival but we arrived later then expected and so waited until the next day to have this. Our room was big and the bed was huge, there was a turn down service and they left a little chocolate on our pillows, very nice touch. The bathroom was nice and clean and the shower powerful enough with loads of hot water. Tea, coffee making facilities were replenished and on arrival we had 2 bottles of still water in the room. The 5 course meal on the evening was one of the best we have had and just the right amount of food for each course. Breakfast was good and I liked the fact that there were more fruit juice then the normal apple and orange. We went for a walk into Windermere which took about 20mins and then I was looking forward to our afternoon tea and I wasn't disappointed. We had sandwiches, shortcake, little carrot cake and the most amazing scones I have ever tasted with jam and clotted cream and this was washed down with a lovely pot of tea. We sat and had this in the lounge near a roaring fire which was great after being outside in the cold. The staff were all very polite and friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. There is a pool but we did not get round to using this so cannot comment on it but last night it was getting used by a few of the guests. I am now looking forward to our next stay. Thank you to all staff who made our stay such a lovely one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District