booked this at the last minute as a bed for the night but this former home of Beatrix Potter was an unexpected delight, wonderful views of Lake Windermere, large double room with the walls filled with old photos of the Potter family or her work, helpful staff and that wonderful feel of a large country house albeit now a hotel, hidden away slightly from the main road down a track but that made for its closer location to the lake, wish we had planned to stay longer and it wasn't raining so we could have enjoyed the grounds more but you can't have everything, especially in the UK!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District