We also booked a Travelzoo Special - and what a SPECIAL! On the dining experience alone this was so worth it - simply superb 5 course Dinner (courtesy of their French Chef) - great attention to detail in the restaurant, quiet yet efficient, friendly and courteous service at all times. I’m on a Gluten Free diet and was greeted on arrival with a GF afternoon tea – scones, sandwich and cake! ! |Instead of asking what I could eat on the menu – I was told that Chef would just make anything I wanted on the menu Gluten Free– and he did! I’ve never eaten so well! The lounges are extremely comfortable and welcoming - big log fires and numerous plumped up cushions add to that cosy feel - it took a day or 2 to relax into the hotel mode - just gentile, unhurried attention - fab! Don't expect 'boutique' or even 'shabby chic' in the guest rooms - decor is strictly classic country hotel style (as you would see in any hotel chain) but the public areas are just so, so comfortable and the food is just so, so good! Lindeth Howe Country Hotel is a great location for a walking or romantic break (10 minutes through the garden and we were on the lake at Bowness on Windermere) - lovely views from some of the rooms too. Standard rooms were definitely on the ‘small side’ so if you’re planning more than a night or 2 – go for a larger room. Wi-Fi connection was spot on. The swimming poool was perfectly adequate for a half hour daily dip - lovely and warm too - bit of a bonus really.
My only negative (and this is a Management issue I think) and it did let the hotel down in my opinion because it is so easily rectified - scuff marks just about everywhere seem to be accepted - on the walls, paintwork, skirting boards (particularly in the 2-3 guest rooms we peeked at) - it just gives the impression that lovely though the house is - no-one REALLY cares - and I thought that was a real shame - the restaurant (and it's staff), having set such a high standard warranted better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District