“OK, but could be better”

Monties Cafe & Guesthouse
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: At Monties we offer clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation, together with a fantastic breakfast! We are open daily, serving breakfast, lunches, afternoon tea, drinks and homemade cakes. We always aim to use as much local produce as possible for our dishes. Monties also have a great wine list so you can enjoy a glass of wine and watch the world go by!
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My partner had chilli on pot wedges which was said to have great crispiness to them. I had an open prawn sandwich, now to me that is usually one slice of bread with salad and then the prawns?? This one was served with some prawns on the plate in sauce (nice) a bit of salad garnish and two slices of bread and butter, not my interpretation of an open sandwich. The staff were fine, not rude, but not friendly either, felt like they were working on a production line. Nice cold drinks, cakes and bakes looked good and the ice cream sundaes sounded nice.

Deborah C, Owner at Monties Cafe & Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we were sorry to read you were disappointed with the presentation of your open sandwich. We have always prided ourselves on our food and the friendliness of our staff and will be sure to pass on your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Monties Cafe & Guesthouse

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Called in around 8.40am the door said closed but a girl outside said it was open and the window displayed 'possibly the best coffee in bowness' err possibly not it was average at best and the man who served me was rude. I was told to collect back in 10mins which I did and sat down and the man then glared at me and nodded his head as if to say 'what do you want?' To which I reminded him I ordered coffee! Will never go back again

Deborah C, Manager at Monties Cafe & Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

I am sure our staff member who allowed you access to the cafe was trying to be helpful in not letting you stand outside while the staff were preparing for opening at 9am, hence being asked to return as the coffee machine was not yet operational. Our coffee is sourced through a local supplier, "Farrer's have been roasting and perfecting it's blends and techniques for generations to offer its customers the best quality coffee".

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had breakfast in Monties.

Very friendly service and reasonably quick too.
Food is good, but not brilliant. And, you can ask for what you want as well as menu options.

It is pricey though. Eg £1.75 for a bowl of cereal. But i guess that's just refective of the area.

3.5 stars would be more apt.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

After a morning spent on Windermere Lake, we were slightly peckish. Found Monties Cafe, which is situated just up the hill in Bowness. They had an ample selection of food and the service was quick and friendly. Good value

Deborah C, Manager at Monties Cafe & Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Many thanks for your review and we hope to welcome you to Monties again upon your next visit to Windermere.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My partner and I regularly visit this cafe for breakfast when we are in Bowness.
Lovely freshly cooked food and friendly service.