“was in windermere with 2 best friends who live nearby I said should we have a curry by the way its changed its name now”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Emperor of India - CLOSED

Emperor of India
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Bolton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Its changed its name after all the bad reviews I am disabled so is 1 of my friends the steep stairs are terrible the food was basically distgusting nothing more I can say it has be done up asked to put air con on and they said it was broken more like to save money it made us all ill afterwards if you love indian search for naga restaraunt in abbey village chorley lancashire you will love it

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank big-martin5320

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were so disappointed when this restaurant closed as this was the best indian meal we had ever had.After approx 2 years it has reopened and we were not disappointed.(previously called Shahib).Had a lovely meal at this restaurant.Very clean establishment.Staff attentive,price reasonable.Food is mouthwatering, everything we ordered was perfect.I ordered coriander chicken with lemon pilau rice,my husband had lamb madras - both excellent,we cleared our plates! I can certainly recommend the peshwari naan and spicy naan breads.These were freshly cooked to order.Well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2013
Dundee, Scotland, UK
“fab meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

This restaurant has had a face lift and changed its name it is now known as the shahib. These are the only changes as the food served her is absolutely wonderful try the chicken chani an absolute taste explosion, beautiful, friendly staff and an amazing experience prices again are mid but if you order takeaway you can expect 30% discount

Visited June 2013
1 Thank dundeetraveller
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Glass in the food!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

This restaurant is Terrible, don't waste your time or money. Dined here with friends over easter weekend. First impressions were good, staff were polite, we arrived and were promptly shown to a table. The restaurant was nicely decorated. However the staff member who took our order was quite rude, no personality and appeared as if it were a chore to be serving us. Poppadoms and pickles arrived and as my partner tucked in he found a piece of glass in the pickle! Thankfully he wasn't hurt as he found the glass by chewing on it! This was brought to the attention of the waiter who then sent the manager over. He did not say sorry and kept repeating that it wasn't the restaurants fault as they buy the pickle in! He picked up the pickle pot, looked in it and said there was no more glass in it and put it back on our table. We told him to take it away which we did! When the food arrived I can only say that it was average. Nothing special. The waiters refused to walk around the table to put the food down in front of us and to clear up instead chosing to hand each dish and for us to hand them down the table and hand every dish back at the end of the meal. Lazy. So after the rude staff, lazy service, avarage food and glass incident it was time to pay the bill. We paid by cash and expected £7.10 change. We waited for 20 minutes and the change never came but the staff came over to say Thank you and Bye! Usually I would always tip but not on this occasion. My partner did not receive a free drink or even an apology for the glass in his food. Eventually we asked for our change and left. never again will I set foot in this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank vodkamonster21
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I went for a curry late on Easter Saturday night and found the staff to be friendly and courteous. The food was excellent and served promptly. The drinks were also excellent.

1 Thank kev j b