“Glass in the food!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Glass in the food!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

This restaurant is Terrible, don't waste your time or money. Dined here with friends over easter weekend. First impressions were good, staff were polite, we arrived and were promptly shown to a table. The restaurant was nicely decorated. However the staff member who took our order was quite rude, no personality and appeared as if it were a chore to be serving us. Poppadoms and pickles arrived and as my partner tucked in he found a piece of glass in the pickle! Thankfully he wasn't hurt as he found the glass by chewing on it! This was brought to the attention of the waiter who then sent the manager over. He did not say sorry and kept repeating that it wasn't the restaurants fault as they buy the pickle in! He picked up the pickle pot, looked in it and said there was no more glass in it and put it back on our table. We told him to take it away which we did! When the food arrived I can only say that it was average. Nothing special. The waiters refused to walk around the table to put the food down in front of us and to clear up instead chosing to hand each dish and for us to hand them down the table and hand every dish back at the end of the meal. Lazy. So after the rude staff, lazy service, avarage food and glass incident it was time to pay the bill. We paid by cash and expected £7.10 change. We waited for 20 minutes and the change never came but the staff came over to say Thank you and Bye! Usually I would always tip but not on this occasion. My partner did not receive a free drink or even an apology for the glass in his food. Eventually we asked for our change and left. never again will I set foot in this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vodkamonster21

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I went for a curry late on Easter Saturday night and found the staff to be friendly and courteous. The food was excellent and served promptly. The drinks were also excellent.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kev j b
Peterlee, United Kingdom
“Sunday evening curry”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Poor service,greasy rice,bad presentation and highly overpriced. This was a birthday meal for my husband's birthday. Will never return please be aware I am not that fussy but this was not acceptable.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Margaret D
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Look elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Wrong order brought, food luke warm, plates were cleared before we were finished, no apology offered, will not be a returning customer.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank marrh
Burnley, United Kingdom
“never eat here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

we went to eat here on 22/02/2013 & I would advise people NEVER to go here as it is appalling,
when we arrived there was about 16 people already eating & we heard one or three people complainig about the food !!! we stayed & placed our order. our drinks arrived & they tasted disgusting & so we left them, our food started to arrive & although it was colourful it had never seen a curry !!! I had a rogan josh as it my favourite dish but in all my years eating in Indian restaurants I have never had fresh tomatoes in my rogan josh !!! my wife had chicken byriani & it looked like it was a mixture of left overs that had been microwaved 6 times !! we ordered a garlic naan & all they did was throw garlic pwder on top of a normal naan but did not even cook it !!!!
the staff looked as though they would rather be anywhere else but work !!! we paid the £38 for the meal but we have been now been put of Indian food for life !!!!!!

• Visited February 2013