“Good food and friendly service”
Review of Emperor of India - CLOSED

Emperor of India
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and friendly service”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I went for a curry late on Easter Saturday night and found the staff to be friendly and courteous. The food was excellent and served promptly. The drinks were also excellent.

1 Thank kev j b

Peterlee, United Kingdom
“Sunday evening curry”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Poor service,greasy rice,bad presentation and highly overpriced. This was a birthday meal for my husband's birthday. Will never return please be aware I am not that fussy but this was not acceptable.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Margaret D
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Look elsewhere”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Wrong order brought, food luke warm, plates were cleared before we were finished, no apology offered, will not be a returning customer.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank marrh
Burnley, United Kingdom
“never eat here”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

we went to eat here on 22/02/2013 & I would advise people NEVER to go here as it is appalling,
when we arrived there was about 16 people already eating & we heard one or three people complainig about the food !!! we stayed & placed our order. our drinks arrived & they tasted disgusting & so we left them, our food started to arrive & although it was colourful it had never seen a curry !!! I had a rogan josh as it my favourite dish but in all my years eating in Indian restaurants I have never had fresh tomatoes in my rogan josh !!! my wife had chicken byriani & it looked like it was a mixture of left overs that had been microwaved 6 times !! we ordered a garlic naan & all they did was throw garlic pwder on top of a normal naan but did not even cook it !!!!
the staff looked as though they would rather be anywhere else but work !!! we paid the £38 for the meal but we have been now been put of Indian food for life !!!!!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank pete f
Garstang, United Kingdom
“Would have been unacceptable 20 years ago......”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

When we visited the restaurant was fairly busy on a mid week evening, with visitors to Windemere during a beautiful half term week. I suspect the only reason it survives is that it caters for the holiday market. Certainly, I doubt any of the diners would choose to return a second time. My meal was distinctly average, whilst my wife's was poor. When she raised this with the waiter it was clear that his English wasn't good enough to understand what she was complaining about. The gist of his response was that the kitchen was short staffed that evening. An acceptable resonse? We didn't think so.

Visited February 2013