“More please!”
Review of Porto Restaurant

Porto Restaurant
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Just a five minute stroll from the shores of Lake Windermere. Serving food all day with indoor and outdoor seating areas
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Came across the restaurant whilst walking around town. Decided to give it a whirl later that evening. So glad I did. I had the lamb ... delicious! The menu is varied, so was hard to make a choice. Cosy atmosphere, intimate, but not too cramped. Will be sure to come back next time I'm in the Lakes.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

We visited this restaurant on the 26th August - we hadn't made a reservation and as we had my 5 month old daughter was unsure if they could fit us in. The restaurant staff were very accommodating, the menu is more than adequate, the food was cooked to perfection, all four of us had three courses. There is a good selection of wines. Overall, we had a very relaxed evening and would highly recommend to others!

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Everything about this restaurant is amazing. The menu is delicious and very creative. Lovely food, great service, great location, cannot fault it at all. We will definitely return. I especially enjoyed the egg and soldiers dessert!

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We ate in this restaurant because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. We are so glad we did. These were the best meals we ate in Britain. The soups are mouth watering, the lamb is so good and the humble chicken fantastic. It was so good that we came back a second time and enjoyed the food as much again. But no wonder the food is so good. The head chef worked and trained under Gordon Ramsay and the other worked at Buckingham Palace for 10 years. If you are in the Lakes district eat no where else. The prices are low considering the quality of the ingredients and the perfection of the cooking.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

My husband and I recently visited for our 1st wedding anniversary and it was amazing! I was a little concerned I would feel a little cramped and sat on top of the next table but I couldn't have been more wrong! A really nice quiet, relaxed atmosphere withe perfectly cooked food to die for! My only regret is that I didn't have room for a pudding! Well worth a visit and I look forward to returning!

2  Thank jobeone