“An absolute gem”
Review of Porto Restaurant

Porto Restaurant
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Description: Just a five minute stroll from the shores of Lake Windermere. Serving food all day with indoor and outdoor seating areas
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Wouldnt be surprised if a Michelin star is due here. Friendly laid back atmosphere obviously frequented by return dinners.
The food was outstanding with decent portions! My wife said her lamb was the best ever, my son said likewise about his pork. The desserts were definitely Greg Wallace territory - my strawberry trifle has usurped by mother in laws - sorry Shirley.
An excellent all round experience - thoroughly recommended

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Me and my boyfriend visited the area on a last minute decision for an adventure in the lake district.... looking for a nice place for a meal we happened to literally stumble on this place... really glad we did! :)
Being an unplanned trip we didn't book a table, but we were quickly seated nonetheless.
We enjoyed a gorgeous 3 course meal with processco and cocktails and left feeling full and happy!
For the quality of food and drink we received it was accurately priced and competitve with similar places we've eaten at!
Well worth a visit if your in the area.... highly recommended!!!

1  Thank bethw1688
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful restaurant for my wife's birthday meal and our first anniversary. They were able to book us in at short notice for table at 21:30 which was perfect timing for us. We were given a table for two downstairs and then moved upstairs to a larger table to accommodate the champagne bucket, bottle of wine and still leave room for food.

The food was great Soup to start, Lamb for main my wife had Salmon all beautifully presented.

By the time we had finished we were very full and shared a trifle which was just delicious.

The service was very good.

The prices were very good considering the high standard of food.

This is a must try restaurant in Bowness and we will return.

Perfect thank you

1  Thank iwantsomepeanuts
Reviewed July 11, 2014

There are many restaurants in Bowness but if you try just one, it has to be Porto. The menu promises much and it really delivers. The smoked haddock and scallops with Cullen Skink was amongst the best meals I have ever eaten. And the dark chocolate brownie, with popcorn, salted caramel and Madagascan vanilla ice-cream was just heavenly. The service was excellent. The only problem I have with this restaurant is that it is 250 miles from home ;-( If it were in my home town I would surely eat here regularly.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We visited porto after reading TripAdvisor and were not disappointed. The interior tries to be up market and the staff are very polite. The food we had was very good indeed. £50 per head including wine was fine for this quality. We will go back at some point.