“Top Notch Food”
Review of Porto Restaurant

Porto Restaurant
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Just a five minute stroll from the shores of Lake Windermere. Serving food all day with indoor and outdoor seating areas
“Top Notch Food”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came to Porto for our 1st Wedding anniversary meal and we were not left disappointed. Friendly staff (one waitress complimented my wife's dress), quick service, nice venue. But the food stole the show.

We had the chicken liver parfait and the arancini to start with. Nicely presented and very tasty ( although I thought the chutney overpowered the parfait).

For mains we had the lamb (cooked exactly how my wife asked for it) and the belly pork. Both were outstanding. It is cooked to see a team of chefs who take pride in their work. Whilst some people may have considered the menu limited, I would rather see a few dishes done correctly than lots of dishes done poorly.

Price for the meal and wine was just right considering it was a meal for a special occasion. Would highly recommend Porto to family and friends who visit this beautiful part if England.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
england
“Outstanding! ”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend booked at Porto for my birthday as we stayed the weekend in Bowness and wanted something extra special, after reading all the brilliant reviews it still exceeded our expectations! I had happy birthday confetti on the table and the staff could not do enough for us. Food was superb, best we've ever had. Lamb melted in your mouth and the flavours of the jus and mint jelly complimented everything so well. Toffee souffle was delicious and I had the dark chocolate brownie cake also, not a cheap do but definitely worth every penny, ambience, food, wine, staff- all 10 out of 10!

“Fantastic meal & service ”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We went here on Sunday 29th June for my birthday meal. When we arrived we were given a booth and scattered over the table were little birthday decorations. Staff wished me a happy birthday upon arrival which was a nice touch.

Starters were fantastic, my gf had the soufflé and myself the mozzarella balls, we both had the roast belly pork for main and shared a sticky soufflé for dessert, I received a plate with happy birthday written in chocolate and 3 pieces of chocolate, again another nice touch.

Overall the food was amazing and service superb, can't recommend the restaurant enough

1 Thank craggyhow
United Kingdom
“Little Gem”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This restaurant is just amazing. Its only tiny, tucked away in a little side street in the centre of Bowness and well worth a visit. I had read reviews and decided to book a table in advance. The decor is very simple but effective. The food was excellent, very well cooked and prepared and the presentation was first class. I had home made pate for starter which was delicious, followed by lamb which was cooked perfectly and then we shared a cheese plate between us. The menu in my opinion was not overpriced compared to the menus in pubs and other restaurants but the quality was far better. I would highly recommend this place!

• Visited June 2014
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“SUPERB MEAL”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place is a must to visit to eat. The Staff were very attentive and the the food was absolutley divine - some of the best I have ever eaten. The starter of crab and prawn was delicious, the rib-eye steak melted in your mouth and the toffee soufle was to die for! Well done to the chef and the staff.

Visited June 2014