“Lived up to reputation and expectation”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Porto Restaurant

Porto Restaurant
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Award winning dining just a five minute stroll from the shores of Lake Windermere.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Lived up to reputation and expectation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

The quality and quantity of our Dinner on May 20th was exceptional. Service was prompt and friendly, surpassing expectations.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

we stay quite a lot in Bowness and have now visited Porto a number of times. I love it! Its my favourite restaurant in Bowness. The service is excellent and the meals are simply delicious. I usually have the steak, but this time opted for the chicken and I was not disappointed. The portions are not huge (which is really good for me) but very well presented and excellent quality. I had a sticky toffee souffle for dessert (as usual) - it is so light and tasty! This time we were given a table downstairs, but I much prefer upstairs - our previous visit, we were in a booth upstairs, overlooking the beautiful patio area - which would be lovely on a nice warm evening

Chester, United Kingdom
“Perfect Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

As it was my birthday, my boyfriend and I decided to treat ourselves to a nice meal out, so we trawled around Bowness and stumbled on Porto. At first we thought that the menu was a little expensive and nearly walked past however as it was a treat decided to go in. We are so glad we did!

We were greeted by a selection of complementary olives and nuts. I had the Soup for starters and Chicken for mains, whilst my boyfriend had the Arrancini and lamb. All dishes were cooked with finesse, quality ingredients and with flavour and presentation in mind. Obviously an experienced and creative head chef. Unfortunately we were far to full to even share a dessert even though they were very tempting. This was the best meal that we have ever had out and were pleasantly surprised when our bill came; £51.10 for 2 x starters, 2 x mains and 2 x drinks. Worth every penny.

Service was pretty good as you would expect from a fine dining restaurant. Although we seemed to be asked the same questions by more than one waitress as they didn't really stick to their own sections so became slightly repetitive and intrusive.

Would definitely recommend to friends and family and would return on our next stay.

• Visited June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Having stayed in Bowness over the last couple of years it's safe to say we have visited a number of establishments. Portos is highly recommended. The duck leg broth is so tasty, the lamb was cooked beautifully and the egg and soldiers dessert is a must. A treat to die for. Super service, fab atmosphere and superb presentation of food. Not too over priced either for such quality of food. We'd travel from Manchester to to eat again. Portos restaraunts is a must.

Mr and Mrs Manchester :)

Spain
“A treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Having slogged through the rain for a week on the Dales Way, finishing in Bowness, I was determined to treat myself to a good meal after a lot of indifferent pub grub.

I hadn't booked, but was given a table straight away, but it's a small restaurant and I think I was lucky, I'd suggest a booking is wise.

I had the rump of lamb, beautifully presented and delicious, followed by a sticky toffee souffle with ice cream. The service was friendly and efficient and the ambiance delightful. If I was forced to find a fault I'd say that the chairs are slightly too low for the table.

Slightly on the expensive side, but well worth it.