“Simply superb”
Review of Porto Restaurant

Porto Restaurant
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Just a five minute stroll from the shores of Lake Windermere. Serving food all day with indoor and outdoor seating areas
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had a quiet meal for the two of us at Porto's restaurant on our last evening in Bowness, the menu was well considered with some very clever dishes. The food was generally of a very high quality the cheese soufflé was absolutely fantastic but the star of the show was the "egg and soldiers" desert. The staff were great, very friendly and approachable, they were attentive but not too over bearing. All in all a great end to our time in the Lake District.

There are newer reviews for Porto Restaurant

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was our second visit to Porto, the first time we were sat near the door and felt the cold every time it opened. When I Booked for this visit I asked for a table upstairs but when we arrived there was a party upstairs so they asked if we were ok to sit downstairs but away from the door, we were happy to do that but there was still a breeze when the door opened even though we were sat in the farthest corner from the door, other than that the food was delicious and the service very good.

1  Thank 17Carla
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here twice now and both times the food and service has been amazing. This is certainly one of my favourite places to dine. A beautiful venue and furnishings, top quality food and presentation and a very attentive & friendly service. Look forward to next time!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 2, 2014

A wonderful experience. We dined here after my parents bought me a voucher for Christmas. It is a beautifully decorated and intimate. The staff were most helpful and all the food was delicious. Fresh and filling. Not cheap but perfect for a treat.

1  Thank Amy_Lea_10
Reviewed December 29, 2013

first the positives; the food here is fabulous, I had the cheese soufflé which was divine, then the salmon assiette which was also lovely but I failed to find much fish in the mini fish pie. Then the eggs and soldiers, so cute. The attention to detail is great. The service was great, very attentive and helpful staff.
However the ambience was a bit lacking, it was very quiet a bit of background music would have been good,,also as we were in the front room every time the door opened there was a draft.
So the food I would rate as excellent but my overall experience very good.
Another problem I have just thought of is the booking, no one answers the phone, I left a message and even e mailed with my contact number and nobody replied, would be better with an online booking system.

2  Thank sanderrk