“Just lovely.”
Review of Porto Restaurant

Porto Restaurant
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Description: Just a five minute stroll from the shores of Lake Windermere. Serving food all day with indoor and outdoor seating areas
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Delightful place. Great good and service. Couldn't fault it. Probably the best steak I've ever had. And I've had a lot :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,842)

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I visited this restaurant in september 2013 for my fiances birthday. We booked a table and sat upstairs. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and very romantic. Staff were very attentive. The food was very tasteful and well presented, however my partners rib eye steak was quite fatty, which we did not expect with it being of high quality. Deserts were also lovely. One thing I could add is that home made warm bread should be served prior to the meal as I have visited high rating restaurants and this is always the norm. Overall I would recommend.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Amazing meal in very romantic and intimate settings.After snooping around the town we stumbled upon this small but extremely cute place.The staff was very polite and professional.The food was exceptional,especially those little cute deserts served in egg shells!!! Yummy!!!Very Heston Blumenthal sort of thing.The only downside is that the music was almost non existent,so if you have had couple of glasses of vine, keep your voice down..lol If we could we would come back to Porto tomorrow,worth every penny. Big thanks to Rob who has managed to squeeze us in on Friday night on such a short notice.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I am not one for leaving reviews but felt that i had to leave one for this restaurant after the amazing time my wife and i experienced. We were in the lakes on our honeymoon and after reading reviews on tripadvisor i decided to book a table at Porto. When we arrived we were welcomed straight away and shown to a beautiful table upstairs. The service we experienced from start to finish was first class. The food was incredible. I would advise anyone to have the belly pork and my wife could not fault the lamb she had. To sum it up we had a wonderful night and would advise anyone to go to this restaurant.

1  Thank Olipegg
Reviewed September 20, 2013

A very nice place and the staff were excellent however after reading all the positive reviews we were a little disappointed. The food was ok but when you ask for a duck breast starter you expect a little more than 3 very thin slices! The Rib Eye steak was cooked to perfection but was very small and the cheese board at the end of the evening whilst looking good came with four pretty flavourless options, infact the oat crackers that accompanied the cheese immediately over powered any flavour of the cheeses, so that was shame. We summed it up as a nice evening but nothing more and we wouldn't hurry back and the test for us is that when we walked out aftrewards and smelt the aromas from the Indian over the road - we said that we should have gone there instead!