“Fabulous :)”
Review of Porto Restaurant

Porto Restaurant
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Description: Just a five minute stroll from the shores of Lake Windermere. Serving food all day with indoor and outdoor seating areas
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

you cannot fault this fab restaurant for some bizarre reason I fancied pork never eat it usually immediately regretted ordering it , however so glad I did it was the best meal I'd had in years , myself and my husband can't speak highly enough about this place thanks to the staff and chef at porto

Write a ReviewReviews (1,844)

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Ate here last night and had the most amazing meal. We come from Brighton where it is very easy to pay for an overpriced load of rubbish, so having the food here at a comparative reasonable price we were very impressed. The staff were all very friendly and the service was brilliant. The restaurant was very busy and we arrived quite late and we were told there might be delays, but there was none. I had the lamb followed by the sticky toffee soufle. It was delicious, my hubby had the arancini and steak and loved it. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Ate here during birthday weekend in Bowness and it was excellent. Really small downstairs but think it has an upstairs as well. Starters and main courses we had were imaginiative and excellently presented backed by superb quality (Porto Pig Wow!). Really wished had room for dessert which also looked fantastic but we were both too full.
Waitress who served us was really good and can only advise you try it when in Bowness

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our party of 6 had a great meal here, there's nothing much I can add to the other reports. Referring to the last review we asked if the lighting could be altered because it really was too bright and this spoilt the atmosphere completely, our waiter advised that the dimmer switch was broken so hopefully they will sort this out. A complete surprise on the evening was seeing Duncan Bannatyne (a regular apparently) having dinner with Warwick Davies - they got to sit upstairs where the lighting was better obviously!!! Service and food were brilliant.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Would just like to say that my wife and I had a fantastic night here on Saturday the 17th.
Food was excellent.Top notch.I had the Lamb,the wife had the Chicken.Starters also superb,and the dessert of 3 eggs with a different centres was excellent.
The service was first class with very pleasant and helpful staff.
Superb venue.
Superb food and service.
Superb night.Would highly recommend this restaurant for a night of top quality.
Thankyou.