“A nice discovery off the buzz.”
Review of Porto Restaurant

Porto Restaurant
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Description: Just a five minute stroll from the shores of Lake Windermere. Serving food all day with indoor and outdoor seating areas
Geneva, Switzerland
“A nice discovery off the buzz.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Passing by the lake side village we asked tripadvisor for a good restaurant and we weren't disappointed. The place had a very nice yet unusual decoration and the food is prepared by a chef trained at the court of Gordon Ramsay.
We had the arancini and tomato tart to continue then with the ravioli. All good and worth a very nice evening after a long hiking day.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“A really brilliant restaurant”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

After looking at the website for Porto I was really excited to visit for my 30th birthday and the visit did not disappoint. We arrived on a really sunny day and at first I was a bit concerned that the restaurant did not have air conditioning (as I suppose it isn't usually very warm in Cumbria!) but my concerns soon disappeared as soon as I was sat down. The member of staff who showed us to our table asked how we were, how our day had been so far and generally made conversation but actually sounded interested in us. The service was incredibly efficient, I have had to wait longer for fast food! The menu is simple with about 10 choices for each course, it's not simple to pick between them though. My starter was duck salad and I can honestly say I have never eaten duck so tasty before, for my main course I opted for the Porto Pig Plate which was a really lovely selection of pork based food served and presented in a 5* way. Finally I went for Eggs and Soldiers which I had seen online and was excited to try. It really didn't disappoint at all. I would have expected this meal to cost a lot of money but for a 3 course meal for 2 people with prosecco we paid less than £100 which is really good value. If you visit the Lake District I cannot recommend this place enough. I'd ask for a table upstairs which is a bit more spacious or on a nice day on the roof terrace. I can't wait to visit this restaurant again.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Dan H
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Best meal I've ever had!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Recommended by a friend I booked a romantic table for two and was overwhelmed by the outstanding food and the best wine I've ever tasted while not charging outrageous prices. I wait to go again

Visited March 2013
Bingley, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Enjoyed a rare meal out without the kids. Well worth the visit and unique ideas for good food.would recommend

• Visited June 2013
London
“Definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Having eaten here last year we decided to pay another visit and were not disappointed. The food was delicious and the service was efficient and friendly. I would highly recommend a visit to Porto.

Visited July 2013