“1st class”
Review of Porto Restaurant

Porto Restaurant
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Description: Just a five minute stroll from the shores of Lake Windermere. Serving food all day with indoor and outdoor seating areas
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Been here a few times and highly recommend it, the service is 1st class.

Easy the best restaurant in Bowness.

1  Thank Andrew W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,766)

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful little restaurant with lovely attentive staff all who were very pleasant.
The food was fantastic and very well presented. I thought the prices were very reasonable. When you consider the quality and background of the chefs who are there then you'd be hard pushed to have a meal prepared by anyone better. Thank you all for a lovely experience. We will be back.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We called in for lunch and shared the koftas. Lovely. Good food. Great service and atmosphere. Went well with a bottle of fiz!!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

It must be difficult to keep up standards in a holiday resort, too many transient customers. Porto was a pleasant surprise. A seemingly small place able to swallow up numerous customers, many with bookings, some without. The menu was not huge, always a sensible sign. the food was well presented and cooked. The wine list fine, and markup acceptable. The staff attentive but not pushy. a pleasant neighbourhood bistro aiming and achieving good standards. We could not fit pud in, and they looked interesting. Either smaller mains or some smaller puds, other than ice cream or sorbet, might work to everyone's advantage. A useful find.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Myself and husband were on our honeymoon and thought we would treat ourselves whilst staying in bowness. The food was excellent, we both had the crab cocktail starter which was divine, I had the haddock and scallop chowder and my fish was cooked to perfection as well as being delicous, my husband had the pork Plate which was also excellent and very inventive. For dessert I had the egg and soliders which was egg shells filled with 3 different sweet fillings served with shortbread soliders, this was one of the most creative yet delicous desserts I have ever had and would recommendedtot those with a sweet tooth, my husband had the usual cheese and biscuits however this was also faultless and port quite delicous. The service was flawless and the bill for 3 courses each with a bottle of wine and a port just under £100 which considering the quality was excellent. Obviously I have raved about this restaurant and we will definetely return, the only small thing that I could say could be improved was the table we had near to the bar I felt a bt stuck it but hey that is personal preference