“Average,Average,Average”
Review of Porto Restaurant

Porto Restaurant
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Just a five minute stroll from the shores of Lake Windermere. Serving food all day with indoor and outdoor seating areas
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Average,Average,Average”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We went to this restaurant on the strength of the reviews on Tripadvisor and whilst not a disaster we found the food to be no more than average. Service was slow and the Chef had a not very deft touch with the food we had with some of the flavours being overpowering and unbalanced. Bread was forthcoming only after several requests and was not fresh, with a small amount of butter we were charged £3+ for this. Surroundings are very nice but overall the feel was the food and service do not match the surroundings. The following evening we went to Villa Positano and whilst obviously a different experience there was a honesty about the food that was absent at Porto. All in all a disappointing evening.

1 Thank Mike186411

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
north yorkshire
“amazing”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

posh looking restaurante, lovely food and polite staff. very nive place would recommend. also visit upstairs lovely

1 Thank gem87NorthYorkshire
“Little gem!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Fab fab fab!!!
Visited Porto Saturday night with family! The food was delicious. Arancini was sooo tasty to start with and then I had the pig platter! Again very nice!
Very reasonably priced even with beers and a bottle of wine!
Will visit again!

“Nice place - quirky menu”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We recently ate here whilst staying in the area the restaurant was very quiet when we entered but got quite busy. We opted for the early bird menu which had some odd combinations of food, but nothing really jumped off the a la carte menu either. I enjoyed a main course of chicken with bean cassoulet, but why on earth it required a huge serving of mashed potato on the side?
Some strange descriptions on the menu - I was put off a goats cheese starter as it also contained beetroot which seemed a bit odd - (Maybe that is just me) - but the smoked mackerel was good. In general the food was excellent and the presentation was lovely, although the portions were rather too large for me. The staff were very attentive and efficient - a little too much so as we had eaten two courses in less than 40 minutes so perhaps a little too speedy.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Judith R
Godalming, United Kingdom
“All round winner”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Went last night with my wife. Great food and service. Just a lovely place to eat. The pork main was a winner in particular!
Only reason I did not give a 5 rating was because It was not quite up there with restaurants I have given a top rating and there are not many of those because I am quite picky and they were michelin places! I could go into detail but there is no need because I would recommend this to anyone and I will be going back for sure!!