This is the second time I have stayed here with my partner and we were again on the second floor but upgraded to a lakeside view room off the lovely receptionist, who noted we were previous visitirs and welcomed us back. We again ate here on the evening and again it was lovely. This thime we had time to use the spa which was nice, gym a bit small but there was enough equipment to get a short workout in. Breakfast we took in bed and was excellent .
first class hotel very central!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District