The Macdonalds Old England is a 4 star Hotel which combines tradition with the modern expectation of a well travelled guest. Sited in the most central location to enjoy coffee shops, excellent restaurants and village atmosphere the front lawn looks on to Lake Windemere, warm scones for a cream tea served in the large lounge and a perfect breakfast in the lower terrace resteraunt both over looking the lake are complimented by Spa facilities and well appointed rooms. Even when busy with families we as business travellers were all treated as valued customers by all members of staff, I will certainly return with my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District