Have just come back from a few nights at the Old England and now feel totally relaxed!
Our room was a standard room in the new wing which we were not expecting to be anything extraordinary but it was beautiful - the size of my flat! It had a huge double bed, sofa, table and chairs and a large flat screen tv. The bathroom had a large bath and a very big walk in shower.
We had breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner and all were superb. The continental breakfast had so much choise we didnt feel the need for the cooked option. Taking Afternoon Tea in the Lounge overlooking the lake was lovley. The evening meal was of very good standard and we would have tried everything from the menu if we could have!
I had a spa treatment which was very good, the pool area was very well equiped and very clean. The only thing missing was a jacuzzi.
Parking is two seconds down the road but they were more than happy to park/retrieve the car for us and help with the bags. Check in and out was friendly, quick and personal.
All staff reception, housekeeping, waiting and concierge were friendly, polite but not overbearing. it made us feel like we had gone back decades to a slower pace of life. Thanks to the entire team for a delightful stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District