Stayed here 10 June for 2 nights in a deluxe room (202),good hotel ,good staff but expensive for food and drink.But!,if any of your party have mobility problems think twice.The terrace and gardens are very difficult to access,and in this modern age the hotel has no accessible toilet in public areas,which is a poor state of affairs for a supposed class hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District