Staying at the All Season Guest House in Winderemere, but able to use the hotels facilities. Great Spa, with decent size pool, which at the time we arrived around Tuesday @ 3.00pm was reasonably quiet, but then around 4.00pm, started to get a little busier. Lovely steam room and sauna also ice room. (a little too cold for us though!!) Decided to sit in the bar area afterwards and have a coffee, (Costa!! The best) amazing views over looking the lake. Beautiful decor around the hotel, may consider staying here, at some point in the future. Thank you to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District