We always have a weekend away in March for our anniversary and never go to the same place twice, but this time we made an exception as we loved our first stay at Old England 3 years ago, we were compelled to return!! The staff are very efficient and friendly. We had a ground floor room, with a good view and the room was spacious and clean with a big comfy bed, soft bath robes and good quality tea and biscuits.. The breakfast was good and the serving staff attentive. We only paid £87/night including breakfast, you can get a good deal if you search the net, we used Trivago. Absolute bargain!! The hotel is ideally located in the centre of Bowness, which is good for a night out, plenty of eating places and pubs. Absolutely recommend!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District