A fantastic location, right on the lake with fantastic views of the lake from the very relaxing traditional sitting room/bar. Not all rooms have wifi. We stayed over Easter where they really ramp up the room prices. We checked in and were given a room which was very dated (room 219). It was steet side and the to see out the window you had to stand on the window sill and for £200 per night (excluding breakfast) quite frankly it is a rip off. To their credit I went to reception and said that I didn't think the room was satisfactory, they staff knew of the room (and the one next door - room 220) and agreed and changed us to a recently modernised room which was very nice. The staff are friendly enough. We'll definitely stay again (and avoid rooms 219 & 220).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District