We stayed at the Old England Hotel last night. We had a fantastic stay. The staff were very polite, attentive and immaculately dressed. Lovely old hotel with loads of atmosphere and ideally situated by the lake but in the town centre so you can walk to bars/restaurants/shops etc. The views from the lounge bar and the restaurant over Lake Windermere are second to none. Would be lovely to sit outside when the weather is warmer and enjoy the view. We enjoyed a glass of wine however by sitting in the lounge at the window!
We had a lovely large bedroom complete with sofa, large tv and table and chairs. The bathroom was roomy and contained both a shower and bath. The bed was large and really comfy especially the pillows. We didn't eat dinner in the hotel but had breakfast this morning. Lovely to have freshly squeezed orange juice which seems to be unheard of in most hotels. Good choice of breakfast foods. I opted for continental and my husband had a cooked breakfast of bacon and poached eggs on toast.
Will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District