3,233 results
All reviews old england feature room valet service terrace bar executive room ice room lake view relaxation room lovely hotel car park cooked breakfast on arrival sauna and steam room afternoon tea black pudding evening meal short break
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great hotel, room was huge for 2 of us with a view over the lake, great setting for breakfast overlooking the lake on a morning. Top location meaning you are central to everything that bowness has to offer. Didn't have chance to use the spa and swimming pool but definitely looked nice. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. Great setting for a romantic/relaxing weekend away

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I visited from 7.2.2013 - 10.2.2013 for a pre-valentines weekend.

Highlights
- Upgraded to a suite upon arrival - thank you!
- Stunning views of the Lake from our room
- Room and bathroom was spotlessly clean
- Bathroom had a shower (big enough for two) and a single bath
- Valet parking
- Central location
- Good concierge and reception service (Paul)

Lowlights
- No wifi (btopenzone in main areas only)
- Over priced breakfast, which really wasn't very nice. Go elsewhere!
- Drinks were expensive in the bar/lounge but service was good
- Spa overrated, only visited once and didn't go back. Not luxurious
- Steam room not very steamy!
- Sauna not hot enough
- Average pool

We will go back and look forward to staying here again, but wouldn't go for the Spa or breakfast!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cat T
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel many times in the past and had a good experience I recently booked to use the spa and have a few treatments while staying at a nearby hotel.
There's a great pool, sauna and steam room. Unlike other places it has a terrific ice room too. I was looking forward to an afternoon of pampering.
Unfortunately, being the weekend, it was quite busy and there were a quite a few children around so that part of the experience wasn't a relaxing at all. However the treatment area, which is upstairs, did have the peaceful, spa ambience. The treatments were wonderful and very well delivered.
Sadly there are a few housekeeping issues since my last visit. The towels smelled heavily of stale massage oil and the bathrobes and slippers I was given were a bit grubby. I also noticed that the towels on the beds in the relaxation room were not changed between guests lying on them. Given the high price of treatments I expected a much higher standard.
Another annoying issue was that just after my fabulous massage and while I was totally relaxed in the therapy room and in need of a drink of water the therapist tried to sell me beauty products!! I couldn't believe it - how unprofessional and crass.
I don't think I will be returning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 2HappyTravellersUK
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We had paid extra for a lake view and we did have a superb outlook from our room although slightly obscured by bird muck on the window. The room was also very dated and overdue a refurb. The furniture was tatty mahogany and very old fashioned. We ate in the restaurant in the evening which was lovely but at breakfast we couldn't believe it was the same place. It was chaos with no system at all and we waited more than an hour for our breakfast. We only managed to order after getting up to ask a passing member of staff to take our order and finally got our food after complaining, along with many others, that it had been an hour. The wrong dish arrived but we were too hungry to complain again. There had been similar chaos at the spa the evening before when we went for a swim only to be told it was full and there was a waiting list. After waiting in our rooms for 45 mins we phoned the spa and were told we could now come down. When talking to others in the sauna we discovered they were from another holiday complex nearby and had been given use of the facilities! We were furious to have paid for a hotel with pool only to be made to wait due to guests from other places taking priority. All in all a very stressful experience.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Yorkshirelass98
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Large hotel in central village location yet overlooking the lake. Nice bar and restaurant. Fortunate enough to have stayed in a suite.....and it did not disapoint, though the cost is considerable.Comfortable, well equiped room with large modern bathroom. Stunning lake views.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple