My husband and I visited from 7.2.2013 - 10.2.2013 for a pre-valentines weekend.
- Upgraded to a suite upon arrival - thank you!
- Stunning views of the Lake from our room
- Room and bathroom was spotlessly clean
- Bathroom had a shower (big enough for two) and a single bath
- Valet parking
- Central location
- Good concierge and reception service (Paul)
- No wifi (btopenzone in main areas only)
- Over priced breakfast, which really wasn't very nice. Go elsewhere!
- Drinks were expensive in the bar/lounge but service was good
- Spa overrated, only visited once and didn't go back. Not luxurious
- Steam room not very steamy!
- Sauna not hot enough
- Average pool
We will go back and look forward to staying here again, but wouldn't go for the Spa or breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District