We recently stayed at The Old English for one night. We just drove up with no booking and the staff went to the trouble to organise two rooms next to each other with views for our family. They showed us the rooms first and made sure we were happy. The rooms were a good size and comfortable with beautiful views over Lake Windermere. Valet car parking was available at no cost. The staff was very helpful throughout. Breakfast was lovely overlooking the lake. There is plenty on the buffet and you can order a hot meal (a bit slow!) for no charge.
The location is great as it is located right near the shops and restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District