Just back from a lovely 2 night stay at this hotel. Check in was very smooth, we just parked the car outside the entrance of the hotel and it was taken to the car park, which was just down the road. We were given a lovely room and even though it didn't have a lake view, it was large and very comfortable.
We enjoyed breakfast both mornings, overlooking the lake. The atmosphere was lovely and relaxing in the restaurant, with superb views to start the day.
The location of the hotel is fantastic. We ate out both evenings, as there was so many lovely restaurants in the area.
As a travel agent I will be recommending this hotel in the future and look forward to returning again some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District