Spent 3 nights here in August on DBB package. Location great, Lake views great, complimentary valet parking, and every single member of staff was effusively friendly and went out of their way to help.
Bedrooms very comfortable, great "down.and feather" pillows making for a good night's sleep. Good gym (3 treadmills so always one free) and a good pool with steam room etc.
Food - evening meals simply fabulous: venison, duck and steaks... all cooked slightly pink..utterly delicious. .
If you are looking for a hotel to stay in the Lakes, you would have a hard job finding a better one than this. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District