Just returned for a lovely two day stay at the Old England Hotel. We stayed in the new part of the hotel in a very spacious and clean room. Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful although a couple of waitresses in the restaurant were miserable. The hotel bar was very expensive. The spa was beautiful and gym was better than previous hotel gyms I have been to. Overall, I would definately return to Bowness, beatiful place and hotel although, if you are planning on visiting Bowness in January, many of the restaurants, etc are closed for the month.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District