Paid £109 for a double with breakfast, room clean but very basic, not worth £109, have stayed in better travelodges.
The room was cold, told recpetion, they said they were about to turn on the heating as someone else complained. When I went to my room I lifted up the metal cover where the heather was supposed to be, but it was gone! So just put up with it.
Hotel is very grubby around the edges, needs major refurbishment. Pool and sauna are dreadful, don't even go there! Pool very dirty and grubby.
On the TV in our room, it said they offer a late check out on sundays until 4pm. Called reception, he said they dont do that. So he said he would give us until 1pm instead, fair enough. Then at 11.30 they were ringing the room telling us that check out was at 11!
Breakfast not too bad.
Only positives about this hotel is the lovely views it offers and the gardens outside are nice. Lovely views overlooking the lake.
If you can get a cheap room go for it, but don't pay top rate to stay here, not worth the money. If you want to stay somewhere nice, go to the Old England Hotel close by!
Lisa on reeption was very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District